Sometimes it takes a third-grader to make it all clear...

Thursday, April 28, 2011

During the second day of learning long division...

Wyatt: I can't do this math.

Mrs. B: Why not?

Wyatt: (whining) It's ha-ard.

Mrs. B: Oh. Well. If it's ha-ard, then by all means, don't do it. I wouldn't want you to have to do anything difficult or challenging in school. I think EVERYTHING in school should just be easy-peasy, lemon-squeezie. No need to stretch your brain or give something a try. No. You go ahead and sit there and practice your addition facts. Just be sure to stick with the simple ones. I wouldn't want you to over-do it. Try 1+1 and 1+2. Those should be about right.

Wyatt: (sick of hearing me carry on) OH-KAAAAY! I'll try.

Mrs. B: (sing-song) Thank you!

Natalia: You really like to torture us, don't you?

Mrs. B: A little bit.


No comments:

Post a Comment