Sometimes it takes a third-grader to make it all clear...

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Okay, sometimes the children drive me crazy. And sometimes, not very often, but sometimes I mess with their heads a little for my own amusement. This was one of those times.

Mrs. B: (to the class) You know, I have a twin sister.

Violet: You do?

Mrs. B: Yup. We used to play tricks on people and switch places in class and stuff.

Violet: Didn't anybody notice?

Mrs. B: Nope. We look so much alike that only our mom has ever been able to tell us apart. The only difference, really, is that she's not as nice as me. I call her my evil twin.

Violet: I bet I could tell you apart!

Mrs. B: As a matter of fact, you can't because she's been here before and none of you noticed.

Violet: No way!

Mrs. B: Yup. Usually, when you think I'm a little cranky, it's really just my evil twin.

(fast-forward a couple of weeks)

Violet: (approaching me apprehensively) Are you Mrs. B's evil twin?

Mrs. B: (seeing an opportunity for some fun and so switching into suspicious mode) Why do you ask?

Violet: Well...because Mrs. B usually wears pants, not dresses like you, and she always wears black and you're wearing white.

Mrs. B: (lowering my voice) You're very clever. Don't tell the other kids. Now sit down and get to work.

(Violet returns to her seat with a smug smile on her face.)

No comments:

Post a Comment