Sometimes it takes a third-grader to make it all clear...

Saturday, July 2, 2011

It's SPELLING SENTENCE SATURDAY!!!! As everyone remembers, writing sentences for each spelling word can be incredibly boring. However, there are always a few students who view this task as an opportunity to amuse their teacher. These are their sentences. My comments follow in parentheses.

embrace: You can embrace your fear. (Good to know.)

curtsy: I looked very curtsy in my dress. (I think she means cutesy, and good for her with the positive self-evaluation!)

instant: I had instant karma. ("Instant karma" is a favorite in our class.)

children: The children were very rowdy. (Um, yeah they were!)

control: Get under control, people! (I feel this way every day!)

control: I can control Mrs. B. (Hmmm...interesting.)

The next two come from the same girl (a gifted student, no less.)

district: District is an interesting word, and I don't know what it means. (At least she's learned how to write a compound sentence.)

merchant: I can't think of a sentence for merchant. (Technically, this is a sentence. Well done.)


No comments:

Post a Comment